The Summer Academy on Cultural and Creative Industries and Local Development provides training for policy makers and representatives of cultural and creative industries (CCIs). At the end of the course participants will acquire a deeper understanding of the sector, its needs and dynamics and develop expertise in putting in place effective and integrated strategies and policy frameworks to uncap the full potential of CCIs as drivers for local economic growth, job creation and inclusion.
The Summer Academy is a three-year project. The first edition will take place 11-15 June 2018 in Trento and Bolzano, Italy. The final conference on Friday 15 June is open to local as well as to national and international stakeholders interested in the event themes, upon registration.
The Summer Academy is organised by the OECD LEED Centre of Trento for Local Development in collaboration with tsm – Trentino School of Management, the European Creative Business Network (ECBN) and Centro Servizi Cultura e Volontariato (CSCV), with the support of the Department of Italian culture (Youth Policies Unit) – Autonomous Province of Bolzano (Italy) and the Department for Cultural Activities of the Autonomous Province of Trento (Italy).
The Summer Academy seeks to:
- Stimulate sharing of knowledge and experience between participants, experts and professionals from several fields related to CCIs.
- Provide common interpretation tools that will be applied to the analysis of participants’ case studies as well as projects and local practices aimed at promoting CCIs’ and local development.
- Analyse the process of culture-driven social innovation and the role of CCIs.
- Foster networking and debate around relevant case studies and best practices from the Trentino and Alto Adige – Südtirol (Italy) region and across OECD.
- Examine the CCI entrepreneurial process and the importance of creativity and innovation.
- Promote online and offline social networks among participants in order to exchange knowledge, practical experiences and work methodologies, on CCIs’ and local development.
The Academy will focus on the relationship between cultural heritage and CCIs, with an exploration of following themes:
- Creative ecosystems
- Knowledge, skills & innovation
- Culture, creativity & finance
- CCIs for inclusive development
The Summer Academy approach is based on a combination of theoretical inputs and practice-oriented working group sessions. A substantial time, during and at the end of each thematic module, is reserved for discussions to generate and exchange knowledge.
The programme of the Summer Academy targets national and international policy makers and practitioners active in the promotion and support to creative cultural sectors at the local, regional, national and international level, as well as cultural and creative entrepreneurs.
Participants should be strongly committed to the development of the cultural and creative sector. They should be freelancers or currently work in private companies and organisations (foundations, co-operatives, NGOs, grassroots community organisations, non-profit entities, etc.) or public institutions (national, regional, provincial or local governments, development agencies, research centres, international organizations) active in the field of CCI development.
Fill in the online application form by 15 April 2018 at 23.59 CET!
|Pier Luigi SACCO
Special Adviser to the EU Commissioner for Education and Culture, EC & Director, IRVAPP
Founder and Director, Noema Culture & Place Mapping
Economist – Gender and Innovation, African Development Bank Group (tbc)
Executive Director, Creative Economy and Data Analytics, NESTA
Download the Course outline here.