ECBN is extremely happy to be a partner of ArtLab2018, the inspiring and powerful, cross sectorial, independent Italian platform, dedicated to innovating practices and policies in and through arts and culture, by the structured dialogue among the key stakeholders of the cultural and creative ecosystem, in an international perspective. ECBN Director, Bernd Fesel, will take part in the event ArtLab 18 Milano, with an intervention on “The key structural problems and the critical bottlenecks to policies supporting digital innovation”, within the session “Think digital: challenges and opportunities”.
Download the draft programme of ArtLab 18 Milano here.
Initiated in 2006 by Fondazione Fitzcarraldo, ArtLab is based on a partnership of over 40 Italian and European cultural networks, national cultural institutes, municipalities/regional authorities and agencies, businesses, foundations, cultural and creative umbrella organizations, universities.
ArtLab2018 consists of two main events in Milan and Bari-Matera and five satellites events in Palermo (Nuove Pratiche Fest), Genova (Suq Festival), Treia (Soft Economy Festival), Mantova (#Fattidicultura) and Frankfurt (The Arts+) that are designed with local partners and hosted by well-established cultural events.
The first of the two main events of ArtLab. Territories, Culture, Innovation 2018 takes place on May 24th-25th at BASE Milano.
Alongside the contribution of the cultural and creative enterprises to the enhancement of material, immaterial and digital cultural heritage, the main sessions and topics of discussion are:
- European investment forum 2018. European startups pitch (cultural services and products) Italian cultural projects under scrutiny. Support to culture between grants and financial tools. What do investors seek for?
- The Agenda for Culture for the new Italian Parliament
- Strategies and actions for the development of CCIs: an international debate
- Presentation of the XIV Report on corporate foundations
- The social role of museums
- Unveiling the many challenges of the new Munch Museum in Oslo
- Think digital: digital innovation and heritage
- The social impact assessment of cultural investments
- CCIs Workforce: trends, needs and expectations
- The Arts+ Innovation Summit: preliminary workshop
The heart of ArtLab18 Milano is BASE Milano, a Milan hybrid centre for culture and creativity located where Ex Stecca of Acciaierie Ansaldo of Milan once stood. It is a laboratory of 6000 square metres, a place where experience and experimentation come together, where culture is the value at the core of every decision-making process, the key to understanding and interpreting the world and its manifold incarnations.